Here's is the proper way to care for your items and give them all the love possible, this way they last a very long time.
While gold filled is more durable than gold plated, we still suggest you treat it with the same love and care as plated.
Let's Avoid the 5 S's
- Swimming: Make sure to remove all pieces before swimming, especially in chlorine pools.
- Sweat: We recommend not wearing your pieces to the gym or preforming vigorous exercise. Try to avoid excessive sweating when wearing the pieces.
- Sleep: We don't recommend sleeping with your pieces because chains can get tangled, or break off.
- Showering: Remove your pieces before showering or taking a bath.
- Sprays: Avoid excess chemicals on your pieces like perfumes, lotions, or abrasive cleaners. We recommend putting on your jewelry pieces after perfume and/or lotion, to ensure these chemicals don't interact with the metals.
We provide you with an organza bag for each piece, so you can store them properly.
- Store your jewelry where it won't rub against hard surfaces. Please store each item in the organza bags, that way you can avoid scratching.
- Do not store with other metals, this can ruin the product quickly.
- Wipe your jewelry down with a cotton ball or a soft polishing cloth to remove any dust or dirt acquired throughout the day.
- If your pieces seem like they need a deeper cleaning, you may use warm soapy water. Let it soak for a few minutes and proceed to clean it with a soft bristled brush. STAY AWAY from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may contain certain ingredients that will cause your pieces to tarnish a lot faster.